This practical and interactive course is for staff who have been identified as needing to deliver people handling training or support people handling practice in a range of settings including, nursing or residential care as well as peoples own homes.
Disclaimer: Individuals attending this course should have up to date people handling training.
- Understand what we mean by moving and handling
- Understand the principles of safe moving and handling and assisting people to move
- Explore the range of equipment and techniques used for moving and handling and moving of people
- Understand risk assessment in relation to people handling
- Identify legislation and testing required relating to moving and handling and people handling equipment
- Delivering people handling to others and coaching in the workplace
- Understand records relating to training of safe moving and handling
18hrs / 3 days
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 12