This interactive practical based course builds on the knowledge learnt during the moving and handling theory course enabling individuals to put the theory into practice through a range of handling tasks as well as the use of different handling equipment.
N.B. Where this training is carried out at the customer venue, participants will be trained on the range of equipment available at the venue.
- This course covers a range of handling techniques for both objects and handling of children, staff will be trained on the specific equipment available where training takes place at the customer venue.
- Where training takes place at Fairway training rooms, equipment covered during training will include:
- Profiling bed
- Positioning using slide sheets
- Stand and turn
- Mobile hoist
- Wheel chair
- Working with children using equipment including standing frames
- Lifting from the floor and working at floor level
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 12