This course is a must for all staff working within children’s and young people’s services. Ensuring the principles of equality and anti-discriminatory practices are embedded within all settings, supporting not only the protection of children and young people, but also ensures working with vulnerable young people are protected against discriminatory practices.
- Understand the terms equality and diversity
- Define the terms stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination, victimisation and harassment and how these may be present within the care environment
- Provides an overview of the Equality Act 2010 and protected characteristics identified within it.
- Responsibilities of both employers and employees in preventing discrimination, stereotyping or prejudice.
- Understand the importance of celebrating diversity
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 15