This course provides both the essential theory as well as containing a practical element using anatomical models. The course is designed for registered nurses (as well as other health care or support staff) with a need to learn the procedure of taking venous blood samples.
N.B. this course does not assess competency, following the course the individuals will need to be assessed in the workplace by a competent practitioner in order to be deemed competent in venepuncture.
- Understand what venepuncture is and common reasons for the taking of blood
- The equipment needed for venepuncture
- Anatomy of venepuncture sites
- Procedure for carrying out venepuncture
- Common complications and what to do
- The importance of infection control
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment, and practical observation
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues (please note that should we deliver this course at your venue we will require a suitable room with tables available)
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 12