The is an essential course for all staff who need to support and be able to administer rescue medicine to individuals who have been prescribed Midazolam for the treatment of prolonged seizures (Status Epilepticus) via buccal route.
This course works on the basis that staff attending will have already attended training on epilepsy awareness.
- Why are some people prescribed rescue medicine
- The reason midazolam is administered via buccal route
- Epilepsy management plan
- Administration of midazolam
- Monitoring the effects of midazolam and when to phone for emergency services
- Record keeping and documentation
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 15