Today we recognise that autism is a spectrum disorder and yet we still have more to do in ensuring individuals with autism receive the support they need. This autism support course builds on the awareness course and explores working directly with individuals with autism on a daily basis, looking at ways to support individuals effectively.
This course is mapped to the autism skills and knowledge list which is part of the “Better social care and health outcomes for people with autism” and is considered the essential standards of knowledge required by individuals who provide direct care and support to individuals with autism.
- Support the use of appropriate communication skills
- Understand the need to work in partnership with family and important others
- Support individuals at times of distress and anxiety
- Recognise sensory needs and provide support
- Support with social interaction skills
- Supporting significant life events and transition
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 15