The HABC Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (QCF) is intended as a further development qualification for those working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is a prerequisite part of their role.
This qualification is underpinned by the safe principles of moving and handling but recognises the special skills required when assisting and moving people. The qualification is suitable for new starters in organisations where the movement and assistance of people is a key role as well as being suitable for refresher training.
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- How manual handling risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- Understand the types of equipment and testing associated with manual handling
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- Understand personal safety and dignity issues relating to moving people
- Understand how a personal handling plan and risk assessment reduce risks
- Understand the type of equipment and testing used in the moving of people
- Be able to apply the principles of moving people safely
20* Guided Learning Hours
This qualification is assessed through both practical and multiple choice examination
All delegates upon successful completion of the course and end of course assessment will receive a Highfield Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely certificate
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 12