Apprentice Business Administrator, Louis is currently working towards achieving his NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration with Fairway and is making excellent progress in both his role and qualification. We caught up with Louis for National Apprenticeship Week 2017 to find out how he is getting on!
The Fairway Journey
Prior to being employed by Fairway I had just finished a year of Sixth Form, after this year I had decided that it wasn’t for me so I went searching online for various different apprenticeships, on the apprenticeship go website. I was looking at different roles and was conducting research on which role would fit my character the best. After researching for a while I found that the Business Administration role looked interesting and was a good starting point in my career, knowing that I could hopefully progress my way up within the business and develop myself as an individual.
I picked the apprenticeship route due to being able to gain a qualification while working. Apprenticeships offer great benefits and to me outweighed other paths and therefore I chose this route. I really enjoy my apprenticeship, it has developed my skills and knowledge which is great and I would like to thank Fairway for the great time I have experienced so far and for being a friendly company to work for. The course I am studying at college is Business Administration Level 2, I attend college on Tuesdays and I am currently completing work for my course which includes writing about certain tasks I do and also my college assessor examining me while I’m working.
The Monday to Friday Work Experience
• Daily check of CV Responses, this is to source candidates who have applied for roles with us and give them an interview over the phone to see what type of work they are looking for and if they are suitable for that role
• Attending Job Fairs, recruiting and talking to people interested in working within the care sector
• Booking and confirming people for training via telephone
• Filing and shredding
• Franking and recording mail, also taking mail to the Post Office
• Action any reference requests
• Helping out around the office with various tasks
• Ordering uniform and tracking the stock
Major achievements along the journey:
• Talked about my apprenticeship on a radio advert
• Passed my first exam at college for my NVQ